• November 2019 (planned), “God, Data, and Michael Jordan: On the Border between Sport and Play,” with Vincent Biondo. American Academy of Religion, San Diego.
• October 2018, "Cognitive Science and the Humanities," Authoritative Texts and their Reception Conference, Trondheim.
• April 2017, “The Zohar’s new science of biblical exegesis,” Rhetoric and Linguistics in the Bible and the Qur'an, Norwegian Institute in Rome
• May 2016, “How not to study science and religion, consider life,” Life Sciences and Religion: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives International Workshop, Berlin.
• August 2015, “Can Fictional Superhuman Agents Have Mental States,” Conference for the International Association for the History of Religion, Erfurt.
• June 2015, “Information in the Sefer Yetzirah,” Workshop: How Jews Know Epistemologies of Jewish Knowledge, Freie Universität Berlin.
• “Intimate Measures,” The Self and the Social Conference at the Institute of Philosophy of Language (IFL), New University of Lisbon, Portugal. March 2014.
• “Crashing and Burning in Ancient Love Magic: A comparison of Graeco-Roman and Jewish forms of love magic from a cognitive perspective” with Corby Kelly. Society of Biblical Literature Annual Conference. Baltimore, November 2013.
• “The Hermeneutics of Simplicity in the Coen Brothers’ A Serious Man.” Panel on the Coen Brothers’ films and Religion, at the American Academy of Religion Annual Conference. Baltimore, November 2013
• “The implications of anomalous monism for intimate selves,” The Altered Self and Altered Self-Experience Conference, New University of Lisbon, Portugal. May 2013.
Room in New York, Edward Hopper (1940)
Some Recent Talks